Friday, July 25, 2014

It's a filly!!!

This is such a great baby announcement!  Our shetland/mini mare had her foal today.  We thought she was due in April/May, but had to wait until today.... it was worth the wait!

It's a girl! (name tba)
Date: July 25, 2014
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Weight: 26.8 lb
Parents: Stella and Pip (pictured) 

i was climbing in the pickup to go into town... and
this is the first thing i saw when i looked out at the field (9:10 a.m.)
silly me... have been waiting for a foal for 3 months now,
and my very first thought was, "Is there a goat in with our horses?"
Then I came to my senses and realized we had a FOAL (unbelievable!!!)
I sprinted inside, yelled to my family, "we've got a foal!"
grabbed my camera, and sprinted to the pasture.
Adrian sprinted behind me.
The children came running too.
first walk- minutes old!

a pose with dad!
 Amazed by the beauty of this little filly, I have taken tons of videos and photos!
Here are the highlights: 

45 minutes old

awww, a mama's love!

everything is going beautifully!


family portrait

best day ever for a kid!
(and yes, it was the morning,
so we were still in a combination of pj's
and boots on the wrong feet)

Oh, happy day!


1 comment: