Tuesday, August 2, 2011

treasure in heaven

May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other--- each with the attitude of Christ Jesus toward the other.  Then all of you can join together with one voice, giving praise and glory to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  -- Romans 15.5, NLT

Today, this verse made me feel satisfied that ALL of us ~ souls on earth and those already in heaven, together with the heavenly host, lift one voice praising the only Worthy One! 

Saturday night I had a dream about my friend Angel who died nearly 12 years ago.  The dream itself was kind of unexplainable, as dreams can be, but I awoke with the overwhelming feeling that I would do ANYTHING to see my friend again.  The way human life goes, all feelings left on their own weaken with time.  Memories become blurred, and the sharp pain of losing a loved one thankfully fades.  However, this dream dramatically and unexpectedly propelled me to feel that same intsense urge to be with Angel that I felt for most of 1999.  That was the year I met him, and that was the year he died.  I had to cry some after waking up, just to let that feeling go somewhere.  I don't remember ever crying in the morning before now.  It was good.  God lovingly reminds me that I have more than one reason to joyfully anticipate heaven!

Gone but not forgotten ~

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing from your heart Anna! Did I tell you that his mother was in Argentina for convention this year (January) and she was in Carolyn J's pictures from her trip? That was a nice connection to me even though I've never met her. So glad for experiences that make us soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet thought. I have surprising moments where I miss my mom so much, that it brings tears to my eyes, and then I think of how thankful I am for Christ and the Resurrection, and the knowledge of a life here-after, it dulls the pain, and helps me have more gratitude. :)

    ReplyDelete