Monday, May 2, 2011

Risen Christ Celebration

Easter was a good excuse for baking sugar cookies with the new Wheat Montana recipe I found:


My "helpers" get quite creative at times ~


In the week leading up to Easter, we found many fun ways to celebrate our Risen King! I wanted our remembrance of the cross and resurrection to be "special" to me this year, so sought out ways to make it be. And let me tell you, God is good, and when you ask, you receive! I had a few ideas out of a Focus on the Family magazine, and all these little projects centered around talking about the cross, the tomb, our sins, betrayal, the atonement for our sins, the resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ our Lord, our Hope, our All ~


"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." --Galatians 2.20

They also did an egg decorating project with Daddy:


Adrian, Ella and I also attended a play about the last days of Jesus' life. It brought tears to my eyes many times, imagining this man loving me that much. His personal message to me this year? Even though everything seemed to be spinning out of control when Jesus was beaten and killed on the cross, God was still in control. His disciples and best friends had scattered; the Romans were getting their way; the sky went dark; there was an earthquake, Jesus was buried. But the resurrection proved that there were no surprises for God, and that he won in the end. Death has no sting; the grave has no victory. That's true in my life too. When I start to believe that God is distant or not intimately involved in my life, I'm wrong. He is in control, and ALL THINGS are working together for good!


Saturday afternoon I spotted these dresses and found I could buy one in each of the girls' sizes ~ so now they have cute matching dresses for any warm weather we come across this year!




With Friends on Resurrection Day! Imagine the excitement as the believers ran around shouting the news: He is Alive! He is Risen! He Lives!

With more good friends ~






Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." --Isaiah 1.18

1 comment:

  1. how beautiful. We were on vacation this Easter, away from home, we were with family and that was wonderful, but I didn't feel like I got as much out of the season as I wanted. I would love to hear some of your ideas on what you did to keep your thoughts focused on HIM. And I agree, no matter how desperate the circumstances in the world around us are, God is always in control. I worry a lot about my kids growing up in this corrupt world, and then I remember that God wants the same things for them, a righteous life, peace in their hearts, and a testimony of thier Savior, Jesus Christ. He has His eyes on them all the time, and what is out of my control, is completely witin His. :)

    ReplyDelete