Friday, January 1, 2010

Due Date

Well, it’s after 11 p.m. so I think it’s safe to say we aren’t going to have a New Year’s Day baby!! Even though I feel like a walking time bomb, with everyone asking for updates, there has been little sign that baby will be arriving soon. As much as I try to stay busy and keep my mind off of it, it’s pretty impossible. The 9 month pregnant mind is just absorbed with, “When will it be?” We had some friends over tonight and played Pinochle, which was the best distraction I’ve had in a while. I’m very glad to be home and carrying on business as usual, to keep as busy and as normal as possible until baby decides to announce his/her birthday! Every time I feel a little impatient, I remember that I was very impatient when Jaci was 7 days later than I thought she should be … and that when she was born and only 6 lb, 12 ounces I felt GUILTY that I thought things should be sped up—she obviously was not a large or late baby after all! So I’m trusting this one too – to decide when to arrive, to be the healthiest little bug it can be. I trust God for my life and baby’s, for help and mercy during labor, and the outcome of the birth. I just can’t wait to be looking BACK on my fourth birth experience, rather than looking forward to it!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your last little while before your baby arrives! I am also counting down the days, and know the time bomb feeling =)I have a little less than 3 weeks left, but have had early births before, so I wonder each day if today will be the day =) Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will still be a New Year's baby for us because it's the first one in our family this year! :)

    ReplyDelete